Monday, October 21, 2013

PRIMA PPP

Hey! I hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a fantastic weekend spent at home. I played with my son, spent time with my mom and spent a great deal of time creating. As you all know I created a beautiful layout using a picture of my mom, aged 22, for Prima's October BAP and on Friday night I decided why not create something for their PPP as well. As I've mentioned previously my Prima stash is pretty low, especially my paper's, I used the last of it for this page I'm sharing today. Unfortunately I'm still waiting on my delivery :-(. Because of this I decided to recycle some flowers off an old layout or 2 that I either never completed or just really wasn't happy with. I also went through all my supplies and found an unopened packet of their antique mirror embellishments. It's obvious I've purchased it a long time ago and either never found a use for it or packed it away and forgot about it. I had a wonderful time making this layout and I hope you enjoy it.

'The World is Full of Wonder'


The background paper I have used on here is  called 'The Courts', from Prima's Romantique collection. Unfortunately I didn't have anything orange that was Prima, so I got creative and got out my favorite Prima "Grungy Chevron' stencil, some gesso and watercolor paints. I coated the entire background with gesso so that any warping would be smoothed out, but I tried to keep the layer thin enough in places so that the original background pattern would still be visible after the washes of paint were applied. I used a mixture of bright orange and lemon yellow to get the desired effect.
As I mentioned before my paper supply is practically non-existent, and I used my last whole sheet on the background. Because of this most of my layers are made up from packaging. I have used the transparent packaging with the white script on it that came with my grey flowers. The big white/cream piece that I've punched is what came with the antique mirror embellishments, while another piece is from the Hello Pastel collection flowers that I have used on here (though you can barely see it anymore). Last, but not least, my favorite, the packaging from my chevron stencil. I finished my layers with a small piece of paper from the Printery collection, some black mesh, calico and twine on top of the photo. I also used my Prima stamp to add some extra texture around where I wanted my paper layers to sit.

Got quite a few close-ups for you:



You can see some of the layers really well in these two photo. The beaded stem, that is wrapped in with the twine, came in a packet of Prima flowers I brought, but could never figure out a use for. I cut some sections off my last Crystal Palace vine to add just under some flowers and I've also used small sections of Say it in Crystals. I've tucked a small flower from the Charlotte collection behind the bottom layer of paper, then layered the mirrored butterfly, Chantelle medallion flower, some resist canvas and this gorgeous bright yellow rose from the Summer Prelude mix.


This is another great photo for viewing the layers. The pegs I have used here are just cheap no name craft pegs that I covered in black Kindy Glitz. I love the way it dried and was surprised that I had never thought to do this before. I have layered the small grey flower from the Bristo blooms collection on top of the yellow E-line flower, unfortunately though this one was missing it's centre so I've used a pearl button in it's place, then tucked the two under the top left hand corner next to the pegs. I've also used some more resist canvas and Say it in Crystals.


Prima Alphas, some flowers from the Hello Pastel collection, another piece of antiqued mirror and resist canvas.



The big soft yellow rose, I'm pretty sure is from Prima's winter rose collection. They are some of my favorite flowers. They are just so beautiful, and this one I have had for a long time. The top photo also shows some of the original background pattern. On the bottom photo we have more chantelle medallion, bristo bloom and crystal palace flowers, Say it in Crystals and Junkyard findings.




 I added the silvery gold glitter circles and flicks of paint last as the page just felt like it was missing something. The glitter is not something I have tried before but I have been seeing it more and more often lately, and wished to give it a try. It turned out much better than I expected and I love the way it adds to my page.

So that's it from me today. I know that was a lot of close-ups but I really love this page and there were just so many details I wanted to share with you, and besides got to fill up this blog somehow right? Thanks for stopping by and I hope you found some inspiration on here today. Don't forget to pop over to the Prima blog and check out other great entries. I'll be back later in the week, hopefully with a lot more to share. Hope you all have a good week!! Xoxoxo!!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love your work!! Please play along at Scrap Around The World too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx. I'd love to. I visited your site this morning and was most definitely inspired Hopefully I will find time to get a page made for this months challenge in time.

      Delete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!