Thursday, November 14, 2013

ANOTHER CHALLENGE CREATION....

Hi!! So I'm back again with yet another creation created for a challenge.... this one was created once again for CSI..... Color, Stories, Inspiration, this time case file #97. I loved the color palette, although I wasn't too keen on the sketch so I have change it a little to better suit my style. The biggest change would be that I have used rectangle photo's and not circles.... I just don't do circles! I've also used up a lot more of my page. I have used photo's from the same shoot, which I also used a few week ago when completing Scrapfriends sketch challenge #18. Now I know the layouts kinda look similar.... I can't help that once I altered the sketch they weren't that different and that it's the same color palette that I used..... As for the photo's.... I had no choice but to use the same one's as they are the only photo's I have in a set at the moment. I have been slack in printing out new photo's!! So even though there are a lot of similarities, I did endeavor to make them as different as I possible could while sticking to the color palette and the sketch.  
Before I continue though I'm very happy to mention that my layout 'Your so Fascinated Baby' was featured on the Most Wanted List on the CSI web-site this week. Thankyou everybody at CSI who made this happen. So exciting!! You can view the other case files, Design Team work, other entries and much more here.

Here is case file #97

 

 For the Evidence I have used  a patterned background, leaves (well I have used a leaf), I have added a twine frame behind my photo, calico behind my photos, wood venners and wooden pegs, the brown paper is wood-grained with a white chevron pattern on, the crystal palace vines from Prima are shiny, they are also transparent as is my skeleton leaf.
For my Testimony I have used all the Inspiration words, though I have used 'brighten' instead of 'bright'.

'Take a look'


For the title I have used a wood veneer which I have placed above the bows.
As always I have used gesso, texture paste, a mask and watercolor paints on my background, though in places they have blended together to make some different color greens and blues. I love it when my paints do this.... it is such an awesome effect!! While the page was still very wet I have turned it up all different directions to let it run. 

A Tip: Always, always, always coat your paper with gesso before adding watercolors to it. It only needs to be the thinnest layer... but if you don't do this your paint's won't come out as vibrant, you wont be able to mix the colors on the paper without taking the top layer off, and they will soak in very fast so you will be unable to spread the paints and get the drips.

Some of the brands I have used include Prima, Studio Calico, Echo Park, AC, MME, Pink Paislee and My Little Yellow Bicycle.

Here are some close-ups for you:


I have followed the sketch as best I could. I have included the side banners behind my photo, and I have cut chevrons from patterned paper, which I distressed before sticking to the page facing outwards.
 
My journaling says.... 'Oh, Baby'.....
 
 
I kept my journaling short this time round because sometimes you can say more in just a few short sentences than you can with a thousand words.
 
 
My title.... small I know, but I really love small titles... it suits me. Once again trying to follow the sketch I have placed my embellishments to run between the two photo's..... from one side to the other. My title and journaling are also in the same place as they are on the sketch. 


I hand-made the pinwheel with a sheet of paper from Christy Tomlinson's 6x6 She Art paper pad. I made 2 pinwheels, then glued one on top of the other to get the 8 points. I'm really loving sequins on layouts at the moment.... So sparkley and effective!!
 
 
Another pinwheel, though this is just a normal one!!! How cute is that little cloud on the veneer??... I had to use it, it was far too adorable to pass up!!


I added the flair thinking the amount of time my son moves around in a day.... over the space of a year he could easily circle the globe!!! I have also added the chipboard arrows to the photo's, 'pointing to each' in turn. I have covered the chipboard with black Kindy Glitz.
 
I had lots of fun making this layout... It was a challenge and I enjoyed it... and if I didn't already say this the color palette was to die for!!!! So that's it from me today. I probably won't be back until next week though I will try to stop by with something over the weekend.
Thankyou for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your comments!!! have a good week/weekend everybody!!! Xoxoxox!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this and am astounded you find time to blog, scrap and enjoy a little one! There is so much to look at and I'd love to use these techniques. some-how what I end up with is just a mess of stuff rather than an attractive layout. I shall keep at it with the inspiration I get from others. Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Page, love your take on the sketch. Congrats on the feature xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!