Monday, November 25, 2013

TREASURED MOMENTS

Hello again.... Sorry I haven't posted in a while. With Christmas just 4 weeks away and so much to do I've been struggling to find the time. The last 2 weeks have been spent non-stop Christmas shopping, cleaning, and more shopping. My gorgeous little boy has also decided that he doesn't want to have day sleeps anymore... which is when I used to scrapbook and blog. I would have loved him to continue with day sleeps until he was at least 3 but it's not the end of the world..... just a change in routine that I will eventually adjust to.

So remember how I was waiting for a delivery of products, mostly Prima to arrive? Well they finally have!!! I purchased them probably 2 months ago from the US, and I was beginning to wonder if they would ever arrive, so when they finally did arrive..... well I guess you could say I was acting like a 2 year old who couldn't wait 1 second to open his new toys and start playing with them!!!! It was the largest amount of product I have ever purchased in one go, consisting of many different brands, papers and embellishments, and lots of Prima flowers!! Some new and some older but all so gorgeous that I had such a hard time deciding what to use. In the end I mixed and matched..... I even cut up one of my new vines which I was loath to do, but am so glad I did. Here is what I came up with.....

'Treasured Moments'


I have used quite a few different brands on here MME, Studio Calico, Pink Paislee, Glitz, Tim holtz and lots of Prima!!!! 
I love this page, it would have to be among my favorites, the photo too!! The background was done with gesso, texture paste, watercolors, mists, glitter and embossing powder that is not heat-set. I've added a few little seed beads to the background too.

Detailed shots:


As always I have used lots and lots of layers and dimension on here.
The big white metal bead is actually from an old necklace that broke. I have had it sitting in my little container of bits and pieces for almost a year, though I've never used them. They were a perfect finishing touch to this layout though, so I'm glad I kept the necklace and didn't throw it out!!


I love Prima vines.... though I must admit in the past I have always had difficulty making them look right on my page. This time I decided to cut it into 3 pieces. The first of which you see here, wrapped around another Prima vine with small orange flowers. I spent quite a while fiddling with these two!! Twisting them together until I was happy with the way they sit. I've also added a little white rose underneath.


You can see some of the dimensions really well, especially from the flowers.
The title is made up of Glitz alphas which I have outlined in gesso using a fine brush.


As always, my photo has been framed with twine, and layered on paper and calico.
I have added another small flower cluster to this corner of the photo to help balance out the page, placing one of the small white roses inside one of the small bottle caps from Finnibair's Mechanicals collection. The big bronze button is also Prima.


These here are some of my all time fave Prima flowers!!
I'm also really loving these Tim Holtz memento pins, and Pink Paislee's artisan elements. This one I have cut in half  so more would be visible behind the flowers. I also have not lined the two halves up straight..... They look great off center from one another!! 


My page wouldn't have felt complete without the pegs, and of course at least one wood veneer!!! I also decided to add the little badge/flair. The color and pattern perfectly suited my style and how could I resist the little hand pointing to my son and I saying 'This'. It explained everything I was feeling with one word!!!


Finishing touches on my page included adding some smaller flowers behind the top corner of the photo and underneath the vines to help show the dimension better, enamel dots and the cork chevrons!!


You can really see some of the shimmer here, little seed beads and glitter too!!
Another bead from my necklace, an MME brad, and the Prima Shabby Chic metal treasures lamp added the finishing touches to this side of the page.

Well that's all I have to share today, though I know that was a long post for just one share!!! It's all the close-ups!!! I hope you found some inspiration here today though. I will try and be back to share with you again sometime this week, though with Christmas coming up and so much shopping to do I won't make any promises.
I hope you all have a great week!! Thanks for stopping by and kisses and hugs for the lovely ladies who leave me some comments!!! Xoxoxoxox!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!