Friday, December 6, 2013

END OF WEEK SHARES....

Hiya!! I hope everybody had a good week and managed to find time to create with Christmas and all the craziness that goes with it now so close!! I have had a very hectic week... Christmas shopping, wrapping, my brothers graduation, my boy. my blog..... yet somehow I have managed to find time for all of that and fit in time to scrapbook!! 

So first up today I thought I'd share with you the layout I made for CSI's most recent case-file. If you haven't been on their site before, be sure to check it out here. It's jam packed with inspiration for all kinds of scrappers!!

Here is their most recent case-file.

'Case-file 100'



How awesome are these colors.... yes that's right, almost the same as ScrapFriends current color palette that I shared with you earlier this week. I loved the combination of the yellows and neutrals so much that I couldn't resist another play around. It's not a combination that I would normally use.... maybe that's why I liked it so much!!

"My Perfect Little Dreamer'


For this challenge I chose to use a layout of Jet when he was still so tiny.... Just a few months old!! I loved how the sepia toned photo went with this color combination. As you can see I have added a touch of orange watercolor to the background for added contrast.
For the evidence I have used stripes (the washi tape, wood (veneers), grid (stamping on the background), frames (twine frame on the photo), bricks (masked on the background with texture paste), lightbulb, borders (around the outside of the layout.
For my Testimony I have kept it short and simple using the Inspiration words stay and light.

Some close-ups:


Lots of Prima flowers on here... as always!!! 


I have added some yellow glitter randomly around the page whilst under some of the embellishment clusters I have added a charcoal embossing powder, though I haven't heat-set it, just glued it on. I love the effect this gives especially over the brick masking.


For my title I have used a combination of Prima, AC Thickers, and Glitz alphas.
 After I had placed the yellow thickers on the page I decided to lightly trace around them with pen and then remove them. Inside the outline I added glue and more embossing powder, tapping off gently, then placing the letter back on top. This create a very cool textural, shadow effect!

More flowers, glitter and some stamping. The wooden hot-air balloon is by Kaisercraft, which I have also covered with glitter.


Lots of layers and dimension!!


It's been a little while since I added some side banners to a page so I thought this layout the perfect oportunity to do so!! I have covered the little chipboard arrow in black Kindy Glitz adding the little acetate butterfly on top!!


So with all the fantastic Christmas Inspiration that has been everywhere lately I thought I would give creating a Christmas layout another go. While there was nothing wrong with the last one I created. It wasn't really in Christmas colors and didn't have a Christmas feel to it. I have always kind of sucked at X-mas layouts so I was extremely happy with myself when I finished this layout this afternoon.

'The Cutest Little Santa'

 This time round I decided I would stick with the traditional Christmas colors.... red, green and gold.... with touches of white, silver and yellow!!
I went through every piece of paper I own and only found 3 that were actually X-mas papers... sad really but I made do, choosing to use other papers for most of my layers and of course the background.

Some close-ups:


More Prima flowers... and another mixed media background!!


I cut out 2 each of these cute little trees from some paper then placed on on top of the other with some foam tape.


I made the little flag myself by cutting the 'Dear Santa' from paper and adding it to a stick with some waxed twine.
I have also added some Prima Mechanicals and Junk Yard Findings behind my flowers and layers for extra visual interest.


Lots of layers here again... twine, papers, and calico.... washi tape and my fave cork chevrons from Studio Calico.


The little white metal ball above the trees is from a broken necklace. I'm loving using these on my layout I will be disappointed when there are none left!
I have used words from Authentique along with Glitz alphas for my title.


I used Kaisercraft paper for my background before adding a star mask with texture paste, lots of gesso, gold glimmer mist, glitter and some sequins. I have hand cut little stars from patterned paper and added a gold embossing powder and a silver gold glitter to them, randomly placing them over the layout. 
The pale grey, black and little green rose are from some of Prima's newer collection... Le Mia and Charlotte.

So that's it from me today. I hope you found something here to inspire you this weekend. Before I go though just wanted to let everyone know that I have turned the word verification for comments off, as I know that it can be quite difficult to understand and time consuming... I had no idea it was even on until today. I will try and stop by sometime early next week with some more shares.... Have a great weekend!! Xoxoxox!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!