Sunday, March 9, 2014

HE IS SO HANDSOME.....

Hello! Hope you all had a wonderful, creative and inspiring week!! Just dropping by quickly today to share with you a layout I made for this week's challenge over at CSI, case-file 112.
I really loved this palette.... though I will admit my colors are not a very good match. It looked like it match perfectly on the piece I printed it out on.... Then I finish take my photo's, edit them, and get ready to upload them only to discover that they are much much brighter and darker on the paper than they were on the computer screen. I love the final result though!!! You can check out the current challenges, gallery entries, have a chat and much much more over on the CSI website.

Case-file 112:

 

For the evidence I have used:
A patterned background: Light blue and white striped paper from MME, along with my mixed-media work.
Something puffy: The little white heart was covered with a very thick coat of liquid pearls to make it puffy.
Wood: The pegs and wood veneers.
Frames: The twine frame around my photo.
Flowers: Gorgeous Prima flowers, as always!
Ruffles/pleating: The yellow prima flower is ruffled.
Buttons: The silver Prima button, placed on top of the leaves to the bottom left of the photo, and a small threaded button right next to it.
Floral Pattern: The yellow floral patterned paper in my layers.
Crystals: The blue crystal brad in the center of the butterfly beneath the photo.

For my testimony:
As most of you know a lot of the time I prefer to journal on the back of my layout as I never leave enough space for it on the front! Once again this is the case for this layout. I actually wrote my journaling before beginning this page, I just forgot to leave space again! Instead of just writing my journaling on the back though I have created a vellum pocket to place it in, inspired by the prompt. I actually really like this idea, because now I don't need to pull my layout out of a page protector to read it, I simply slide the journaling from the pocket. I have also used the inspiration words light, and tranquility.
My journaling says:
'This photo of you was snapped in our living room as you stood smiling up at me with those adorable big blue eyes you have. I realized in that moment how very blessed I was to be your Mommy. I love the peace and tranquility your smile brings to my heart. You are the light of my life. It is the simple everyday moments like this that make me realize just how true those words are. I love you so much, my handsome, sweet little boy.'

'He Is So Handsome'


What I tried to do when creating this layout was express the feelings of peace and tranquility that I explained in my journaling onto the layout itself, through my choice of media, papers, patterns, and embellishments, and the way I put them all together. It's actually the first time I have done something like this. Usually i just start a page and see where I go. Sometimes i don't even choose a photo until its time to stick one down. This time I chose my photo and wrote my journaling before doing anything else. It felt good to try it differently for a change and it was fun trying to express those feelings in my creation, instead of just making it look pretty.

Some details:


On top of the pegs I have place a small white rose in the center of a flower, cut from the floral paper in my layers, which I then placed on top of a white moustache. Beneath the pegs and amongst the papers, I have layered a combination of flowers, wood veneers, and the metal heart gear,  before finishing off the cluster with the cork arrow, and some pearls.


As you can see here, there is lots of yummy background texture and detail.
The title, along with the blue zig-zagged stip of paper, were cut from a piece of paper in the Echo Park All About A Boy Collection. The little yellow arrows were cut from a piece of Studio Calico paper.... It took quite a while for me to cut these out as they are very small and fiddly, but it was worth it.

 
Some Prima resit canvas leaves, along with Prima flowers, metals, wood-icons and a button. I have kept the excess chipboard from my ATC hearts and coated it with some crackle paint and alcohol ink, before outlining the edges with some Kindy Glitz.
I found this flair badge in on of my containers full of bits and pieces and knew it was perfect for this layout. Not only was it the right color, but it matched my photo perfectly.


Some more Yummy Prima flowers, layered beneath my papers, along with another flower cut from the floral paper. I chose to add this buttery from MME because of the green in the wings. It ties in perfectly with the flair badge and the green flower at the top of the photo. I also really adored the blue crystal brad in the center.

That's it from me today.... just a quick post while I wait for my Boy to come home from his Daddy's. He's only been there since yesterday morning and I miss him so much already, and can't wait for him to come home, you would think he had been gone for weeks!!! I think its because he hasn't gone to his father for nearly a month now that I have just gotten used to him being here all the time. I hope you found something in this post to inspire you today! Thanks for stopping by, i hope to see you all again soon. XO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!