Sunday, May 4, 2014

CSI SHARE!!

Hi everyone.... Hope you are all having a great weekend!! Just stopping by with my first creation as a design team member at CSI. I had a very hard time with this palette. Red has never been my color and without any other brights to work with I really struggled. In the end I made a quite grungy page using a photo of my little brother taken 2 years ago when he was 15, and already a whole head taller than me!!

Before I get started would like to remind everyone about the huge giveaway I am having here on my blog!! Over 250 Australian Dollars in prizes.... check out this post for details on how to win, and to see a picture of this fab prize!!! This is open for another couple of weeks still. I will draw the winner on Friday 16th May. 

Here is an image of case-file 121:

 

For the evidence I have used:
Transparent: The black acetate flower in the cluster at the bottom right of the photo.
Flowers: Lots of yummy Prima flowers!!!
Metal: Prima Junkyard Findings 'jeans button' and 'heart gear', Prima Mechanicals 'bottle cap', and some small washers I found in Dad's shed!!
Cord/Twine/Jute: I have used natural twine beneath my photo, and waxed twine/cord on top of the photo.
Wood: The peg, and Studio Calico wood veneers.

For my Testimony I have chosen to write 4 interesting things about my subject. It is written on the back of the layout in bullet points.

My journaling reads: 
  • You were taller than my Mom at age 10 and me at age 12, at 15 you stood 6 foot tall and now at 17 about 6'3" .
  • You are really good at digital art!!
  • You are an amazing photographer!
  • You taught yourself to play the guitar, and you are really good at it now!! Maybe you should teach me!
   Here is my take on the case:
 
'Oh Little Brother... Your Not So Little Anymore'
 
 
As I mentioned above, I am not a fan of red! I own no red embellishments, nothing!! After searching through my papers for hours looking for something suitable to use I came up with an old sheet of paper that i have had for years, but never used because the pattern was too bold to my taste. The little red and black circles on the background were cut from it.
 
Some close-ups:
 
 
All my paper layers have been edged with gesso. 
I added the cork to the page because the colors just felt really cold to me and I thought the brown of the cork would add some more warmth to the page.


My little cluster of Prima flowers and embellies at the top of my photo!!
For the title I have simply used some AdornIt Carolee's Creations alphas. 


As always my layouts have lots of dimension.... I'm running out of room to store them, they don't fit into albums, and are stacked in piles all over the house!!
My background was done following my usual routine, though this time I have added a load of stamping to the background, some of which you can see here.


The little transparent acetate flower was actually the image to show what one of my Kaisercraft clear stamps would look like, cut from the packaging they came in!!

I also have a page from my art journal, some cards and ATC's to share with you today!! It has been a while since I shared any of my art journalling with you, and I have lots to catch up with!!
 
'20'
 
 
I have had this photo sitting on my desk for so long, waiting to be scrapped, but somehow it always ended up being passes over. I was just 20 when this photo was taken, seems forever ago now!! 
I wanted to create something bright and bold and very different from anything I would normally do. There are about ten different layers on here, I just kept going over everything because I wasn't happy with it.
The circles ended up on here quite by accident... I was frustrated that nothing I was doing was working for me and I had a bit of a tantrum and started painting round in circles really fast with the intention of tearing it up, screwing it up and throwing it in the bin when I was done!!! Everything just fell into place from there!! 

Next up I have a card I have made for my Mom for Mother's Day.

'Mom'


Once again I made the polaroid frame myself, cutting it from a sheet of chipboard, before covering it with gold glitter. I am really loving these at the moment!!
I have layered the frame on top of twine and a large Prima flower, placing a chipboard flourish on top, along with more gorgeous Prima flowers and the title.
The little gold metal flowers are used for beading, I bought a pack of 10 at spotlight for just 1 dollar!! A bargain!! Besides, they add a great finishing touch!!!

 'Celebrate'


This card was not made for anyone in particular, I was just bored and only felt like creating something small. I made the arrow... Love how it looks with the blue glitter!!
Of course my card just wouldn't be the same without some gorgeous Prima flowers and a metal heart gear!! The title is printed chipboard by My Mind's Eye. I have had it sitting around for a couple of years now.... I could never think of what to do with it!!

I also made a couple of ATC's a few weeks ago, though I never thought to share them before. I fear they are not your typical ATC's.... They look more like cards, but I wanted to stay true to my style when creating them!!

'Joy'


The background for this ATC was done using gesso and watercolor paints. I have also added a heap of cotton, little tiny star table confetti, and sequins. The gold frame is also handmade and this time embossed with gold embossing powder. The butterflies were stamped, painted with watercolors, and carefully cut out. 

'Beauty'


This card also had a watercolor background. I have layered papers, with a silver Hambly frame, adding sequins on top. The circle frame is made using both twine and wire. Of course it wouldn't have been complete without some more beautiful Prima!!! 
I may add something else to this ATC at a later date.... It seems like it is missing something to me, though I cannot think what else I might add to it at the moment.

That's all I have to share with you today!!!  Thankyou all for stopping by... and don't forget about my RAK (See here). I have tons more to share with you all, so I will be back later in the week!! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and have a creative week!!

3 comments:

  1. You were a busy bee! beautiful creations! I love the grungy take on CSI case file. The cards and ATC are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects, Jacqueline. Your cards have amazing layers and textures! Thanks so much for responding to The Mixed Media Challenge design team call!

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!