Tuesday, May 20, 2014

STORMY DAYS....

Hi again everyone!! It has been bucketing down rain here nearly all day today, and it is windy and cold.... It's been like this for a couple of days now. I much prefer nice hot summer weather!! As promised I am back again today to share with you my most recent creation from CSI.This week's case-file at CSI is one of my fave's so far.... The colors, evidence and testimony prompts, all right up my alley!!! Make sure you stop by and check out some of the amazing entries and Design Team work, and of course, if you are up for it, we would love to have you play along.... the challenge will remain open until Midnight on Sunday!!

Here is this weeks Case:

 

For the evidence I have used: 
Flowers/Plants: Lots of yummy Prima flowers.
Mixed-media background: A combination of gesso, texture paste, masking, watercolors, mists, stamping and doodling.
Jewels: I have used square blue rhinestones on my layout and one of my Prima flowers has pearls in the center.
Dragon/Creature: I have used a butterfly, stamped onto the background and then drawn over with pen to make it look hand-drawn.
Mistable elements: I have misted my background, and some of the flowers with an iridescent spray to make them shine.
Rub-ons/Stamps: The butterfly stamps.
Braid/Plait or Weave something: There is some plaited black twine beneath my photo (It's a little difficult to see, so I have taken a close-up photo of it which you can see further in the post).
Floral pattern: The white and bright turquoise paper in my layers (You can see it poking out to the left of the photo behind the little camera) has a floral print on it.
Wings: The butterflies again.... They have wings!!!
Drape something: The plait I made is draped beneath the photo.

Yes I am aware that was the entire list!! Every time I have completed a case-file since first discovering this site, I have tried to use all the the evidence prompts, but never actually succeeding!! Like I said at the beginning of this post.... This case-file was right up my alley!!!

For my testimony I have chosen an Angelfire prompt. I was inspired by the 4th prompt on the list.... My full name and how it was decided upon. I have chosen to write about my Son's name and how we came up with it, though I have only journaled about his first name. I have also written my journaling directly onto the background.

Here is my finished page:

'Good Times'


It is very rare that I choose to use more than one photo on a layout, even when using sketches, though when I found these two in my photo box, I knew they would be perfect together!!

Some close-ups:


Once again I have chosen a small embellishment to double as my title..... I am terrible at thinking them up, and they all end up sounding the same when I
 do!!


As most of you know, red is really not my color, and I very rarely use it at all. In this instance I was actually inspired by the single red rose in the inspiration image. I found a few of these little red roses in my stash and decided to use them to create a visual triangle on my page.


As I mentioned above, the 2 butterflies on here were stamped, and then drawn over with a black pen to fill in gaps and give a hand drawn appearance to them.


These clock hands would have to be one of my favorite things on this page. We used to have this clock hanging on the wall in the formal lounge room of our house that burned down, and i remember for years saying to my mom that one day I was going to pull apart the clock and use all the bits and pieces in my scrapbooking. When we were salvaging what we could from the wreckage of the house I noticed the clock beneath a pile of rubble.... most of the wood had been burned away, but all the metal parts had survived. I have had the pieces sitting in a box since then, and realized that these clock hands would be a perfect addition to my page.... They are held together with some glue and a chunky brad.


You can see the little black plait that I have draped beneath the photos here, and of course my page wouldn't be complete without lots of layers and dimension!!

That is all I have to share with you today. I had planned to share 2 other layouts with you, but I am so tired I am falling asleep on my desk... Rainy weather always makes me sleepy!!! I think its a night to curl up in my bed with a good book and read til I fall asleep!!! I will try and get them posted in the next few days. Have a great Tuesday night everyone!! Xo!!!

2 comments:

  1. Totally cool mixed media page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing...I cannot BELIEVE you used all the prompts...!!! Love the use of the 2 photos....& the clock bits...how apt....just really fitting...that bg is amazing...as always:):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!