Wednesday, June 18, 2014

COWBOY'S....

Hiya!! Back again!! I am so behind on my blog posts and I haven't had the chance to share quite a few things lately, so I thought I would make the most of the bad weather and get in an extra post!!!! 

The layout I am sharing with you today I made a few weeks ago now, for no other reason than I felt like it!! The photo is of Jet sitting on the retaining wall in front of the pool fence out the back wearing his Poppy's cowboy hat. It is far too big for him, and it didn't help that he had it on sideways!!! I just love this page and photo!!!

'Mommy's Little Cowboy'


As always I have created a fun mixed-media and watercolor background, lots of layers, dimension, flowers and other fun elements!!

Some close-ups:


Prima, Tim Holtz, Bo Bunny, AC, Echo Park.....Lots of different brands and thats just in one little section.
One of my fave things on this page is this arrow. I have been really obsessed with arrows lately, and have made quite a few pages with them, though none I like half so much as this one!! For the feather at the end I have just cut lots of strips into both sides of the paper, and added the Elle's Studio wood veneer on top, which is also my title.


I have propped up the arrow up on top of a straw and Prima flower to give it some dimension.


I have used quite a mix of paper here too.... Elle's Studio, Kaisercraft, Sassafrass.
The photo is propped up on a circle of natural twine and some calico. On top of the photo I have created a frame using some wire painted white with gesso, then threaded some bakers twine around it.


More Prima flowers, a peg and a Studio Calico wood veneer.
All my embellishments have been brushed with gesso and had thread twisted around and over them for a shabby look.


I have also lightly outlined my title with gesso to tie it in with the rest of the page.


The chipboard star that says 'Unique' is from MME, whilst the chipboard chevrons are from Dusty Attic, simply painted white. 

That's it from me today!! It's getting close to that time of day where Jet starts to get a little tired so I had best go and play before he gets to upset. Thanks so much for stopping by!! 

Have a great night!! Hugs!!

1 comment:

  1. This is an amazing layout. There's so much to look at and take in, and for me, to learn from. Absolutely stunning. Your layering is incredible. The bursts of yellow are definitely my favourite thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!