Sunday, February 8, 2015

CANVAS - BEAUTIFUL - DUSTY ATTIC

Hi everyone!!! I have another Canvas I would like to share with you today, which I created for my first post over at Dusty Attic this month.... I have been quite addicted to making canvases lately, perhaps it is because my Mom claims each and every one I finish, and I'm hoping she will let me keep one for myself ;-).... 

'Beautiful'


 I have used all my favorite girly colors on this canvas along with some of my favorite 'girly' pieces of chipboard, at least girly in my opinion!!

Some details:


 I have taken one of the larger swirls from Elegant swirl #3 and painted it white. I then layered it on top of my flower cluster, adding a few more flowers on top. I then spritzed it with a touch of Pink Mist, though it is a little hard to see it in this photo as it is very faint.


On top of the Swirl I have placed a large Butterfly from the Flutterbies #3 set, simply painted white with gesso, using my finger for a slightly bumpy texture and sprinkled with gold glitter while it was still wet.


I have placed a second smaller butterfly near the top of the canvas to create movement.


I have taken 2 large swirly leaves from the Foliage set, completely covering both in white liquid pearls for beautiful shimmer, before adding some 13 Arts Microspheres and mists in a few colors. I have placed them next to each other with the ends touching, one facing up, and one facing down to create a little flourish across the canvas.


For the title I have taken the word 'Beautifully' from the 'Live Beautifully....' set, and cut off the 'ly' at the end so I just had the word 'Beautiful'. I used my finger to paint it with gesso, then placed it on top of the second 'Foliage' leaf. I have added a few small sections of color to it, but chose to leave most of it white so that it stood out from the leaf.

I hope you enjoyed today's post..... Stay tuned as I have a few more fun canvases to share with you over the next few days, as well as some other exciting things!!!

Have a great Sunday!!

Dusty Attic Chipboard used:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!