Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A SISTER A FRIEND - DUSTY ATTIC

Hi everyone!!! I hope you all had a good weekend? I am just stopping by today to share with you a layout I made for Dusty Attic. I have gone quite out of my comfort zone with this one, using a few big pieces of chipboard, which I almost never do, along with some smaller pieces which are more me.

'My Sister My Friend'



The photo is of my nieces Alyssa, and Violet..... I adore this photo, and it seems to be the perfect match for the mood of the page. 
I have painted my background then placed the medium sized frame from the String Of Hearts Frame set directly onto my background, before priming it with Gesso, and adding color with Twinkling H20's. I have added my paper layers and photo in the center, framing them. 

Some details:


 I have painted 2 feathers from the Mini Feathers set with Dusty Attic Paint in Alabaster. I have applied it really thickly giving an enamel look, then dipped the feathers in Chunky Gold Glitter while the paint was still wet. I have placed them end to end, one on top of my flowers the other tucked beneath.


 The beautiful watercolor on the String of Hearts frame.


 Here I have used a banner that I cut from Banners#1 along with another from Dusty Attic that was exclusively for an event I attended last year to raise money for Telethon. I have covered them both using the same paper I have used in my layers, then layered them on the String Of Hearts frame below my photo.



I have layered a Dream Catcher (#2) on some flowers and my paper layers for added dimension. The entire Dream Catcher was primed white with gesso to begin, then I painted the netting in the center with 13 Arts Gold Glitter Paint. The frame on the top net has been covered with white and silver twine, then wrapped in sparkly gold thread to give the appearance of the netting being tied around the frame. I have layered a couple of flowers and bow on top.


 I have layered the Dream Catcher on a Doily (Doily #1), that I have painted white with gesso to help separate it from the background.
 I have painted all the feathers on the Dream Catcher with blue and green Twinkling H2O's, blending the color together then drawn on top with a white gel pen little lines to create a feathered effect.


I have painted all the dangling string with twinkling H2O's in Purple and wrapped the longest of them in Sparkly Turquoise thread, and placed a little blue rose on top to finish. 
I have propped up the longer 3 pieces of the Dream Catcher on a Prima Rose so that the whole piece sat level.

That's it from me today!!! I hope you all enjoyed!!!

Dusty Attic products used:

1 comment:

  1. This is stunning, I love the colors and the chippies! Beautiful layout..

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!