Hey lovely blog reader's!! I'm just stopping by to share with you my most recent layout for Dusty Attic using lots of awesome products.
I went through all my layouts a few weeks back, when I realized I have not scrapped any photo's of my nephew Riley. I felt so guilty that of course I had to go and scrap a layout of this gorgeous little guy!!!
For my background I have used a couple of new and coming soon Dusty Attic products, Texture Paste and a Brick Wall Stencil. I have applied a very thin layer of the Texture Paste through the Stencil.
When it was dry I have painted it with some of my fave colors of 13 Arts Mist.
I have then painted the Brick Wall Panel chipboard with Prima's White Crackle Texture Paste, before breaking it up and gluing it randomly over the top.
For the title I have painted the 'Dream Big' from Word Disks #1 black with Dusty Attic's Soot Paint, layering it on the flowers beneath the photo.
You can see the masking a little better here, too!!
I have painted some chipboard Buttons with a very shimmery/glittery paint by Viva Decor, I then threaded some sparkly thread through the holes, tying a messy bow on top. I have scattered a few of the buttons randomly around the page.
I absolutely love these new Indian Arrows..... I spent a little time with this one as I wanted it to be a feature of my page.
I really liked all the engraved details and didn't want them to disappear beneath a pile of paint so I have used a very small brush to paint along the edges, it is time consuming and fiddly, but the result is so worth it!!!
I began by painting the feathers with DA paint in Oceania. I then used an even smaller brush to paint the stem of the feathers and the arrowhead with 13 Arts White and Silver Glitter paint. The arrow stem, and the 'string' were painted white with gesso. I have then used a combination of Twinkling H2o's and Viva Decor paints add detail to the feather's and paint the 'beads'. I finished by brushing a little Silver Glitter paint over the tips of the 2 big feathers.
I wrapped some sparkly thread around the base of the feather's and the arrow head before placing the little clock and flower on top.
I have painted both of the Filmstrips the same as the title, with DA paint in Soot.
I have taken one of the larger Polaroid Frames and completely covered it in Washi Tape, before layering it in behind my photo.
I hope you have enjoyed my post today and found something here to inspire you!!!
Dusty Attic Products Used:
Texture Paste (Coming Soon!)
Brick Wall Stencil (Coming Soon!)