Wednesday, September 18, 2013

FUN, NEW MIXED-MEDIA LAYOUT

Hi everyone! Hope you've had a good week so far. I've been really busy creating and I thought I'd share with you a new mixed-media layout I created. 

For the background I have used a combination of Mists and Acrylic Inks, Ranger Liquid Perfect Pearls, Texture Paste, Gesso, Stazon Ink in Jet Black with a Kaisercraft butterfly stamp, Winsor and Newton Watercolor paints, and of course my favorite Prima chevron stencil!

'YOU'


I had so much fun creating this, I'd never actually thought to use my watercolors when scrapbooking before, I usually just make and mix inks, but going through a box on the weekend I dug out all my old paints (watercolors among them) and thought to myself, 'Why not give these a try on here?' So I did and I love the way this page turned out. So bright and fresh.... Perfect for Spring!!

Here are some close-ups:


Lots of layers on here. Papers flowers ribbon and fibres..... Such a yummy mix!

 
Here you can see my stamped and painted butterfly, along with some of the awesome background texture. The little twin bike at the bottom of the photo I cut from a piece of paper by Teresa Collins and I like the touch of just that little something extra it gives to my page.


Love this layered chipboard piece from MME. I've had it for a couple of years now, and I used it on a page a long time ago but unfortunately my son jet got into my albums and destroyed a few of y older pages tearing and drawing on them, so I decided to recycle the embellishments, the photos however were not able to be saved, though thankfully I have copies.


You can see here how I've added waxed and bakers twine's in behind the photo as well as loose cotton for added texture all my paper were either distressed with a tool, or torn.
Once again I made the flag, designed it on the computer then printed it out.


I would have to say that this photo is one of my favorites for this layout, the Ink on the Tim Holtz light bulb and the texture in the ribbon, flowers and background. Everything just came together really well. And don't you just love this light from Prima's Shabby Chic Metals? I know I do!!


I've had this chipboard from MME sitting around for so long but I could never really think of a use for it until now, and I'm glad I kept it for so long, not sure it would have been the same without it. I finished of the page with a few enamel dots, paper clips and some Prima Junkyard findings.

Well that's it from me again today, but I have some more to share soon. Hopefully I'll get it loaded up for you Friday but if not then it will be early next week. 
Hope you found some inspiration, and that you a fantastic and creative week. Xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!