Monday, September 23, 2013

JUST A QUICK SHARE

Hi! Hope everybody had a good weekend? I sure did, had lots of fun creating this weekend so I'll have a lot to share later in the week but for the moment I thought I'd just share with you a new layout I made of my mom. I uploaded this to scrapbook.com on Saturday but I didn't quite get around to adding it on here.

I love this photo of my mom. She is so beautiful but she rarely lets anyone take pictures of her and hides if you try, so it can be really hard to get good photo's of her. I took this one at the local foreshore when I was 19. Mom and I had gone up there together for dinner. We sat on the beach and ate fish and chips, then went for a walk together along the foreshore. It was nice just spending that time just me and her.

I've used a lot of different products on here again MME, Prima, AC, Kaisercraft, Stuido Calico, Echo Park and Teresa Collins to name a few. All of my favorite brands. Though there are definitely more on there that have escaped my memory for the moment.
 
'Happy Day'


Lots and lots of fun making this one. Now I wish I could claim credit for the idea of painting a bow on my page, but I can't. I have seen quite a few artists lately who have taken to hand painting designs on there pages, but unfortunately at the moment I cannot for the life of me remember the names of the these wonderful artists nor which sites I have seen ideas similar to this on. So I do apologize and when I get some more time I'll look into and let everyone know as well as add links to the sites. 

Here are some close-ups for you:

 
Lots and lots of layers here. The white flower button is probably one of my favorite embellishments on here I just poked the wire stem of the little yellow flower through the holes and then curled out at the side. Surprisingly I've had this button since I first started scrapbooking more than 5 years ago, sitting in a little jewellery box in my room, and I never thought to use it, I wasn't even sure I liked it. But I'm glad I found it and decided to use it for this page.


I love the little stripey arrow by Studio Calico pointing in at my sideways banners here. Its really cute and of course this just wouldn't be the same without these beautiful Prima flowers!!


I know I frame nearly all my photos in twine but I can't help it... lol! My pages just don't feel right to me without it. I also really love at the moment the combination of the waxed twine and bakers twine. It gives such a fun feel to the page. I've layered the Studio Calico speech bubbles up the top and the word love and the postcard were both cut out from a Teresa Collins piece of paper which I've layered with a button between.... I know... but I ran out of foam tape and it was all I could think to use and it worked. The die-cut bracket is from Kaisercraft.


More gorgeous cork from Studio Calico, Prima tile and MME enamel dots. You can really see here a lot of the different textures and the dimension of this page.


I painted the bow using Winsor and Newton watercolor paints. I love the texture of the bow and the chevron masking it really shows with all that ink, mist and paint. The Happy Day chipboard I used for my title is MME and I've added the bows underneath with a flower, Collections Elements butterfly and some more enamel dots.

So that's it from me today. But as I said at the beginning I'll have lots more to share with you later this week, including pages from my Art Journal, more Layouts, Tags, and maybe even a card (I'm about to go and try my hand at card making... Wish me luck!!).

I hope I have helped you to find some yummy inspiration today! Have a good week everybody. 
Thanks for stopping by! xoxoxo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!