Monday, September 8, 2014

MY FIRST EVER MINI ALBUM!!!

Hiya!! Happy Monday!! I hope the beginning of your week has started off a little better then mine. We were battered by a massive storm here last night, with another one due to hit later this afternoon, and as my scrap space is under our patio, I have had to pack everything away to stop it being blown away, or getting soaked by rain. So unfortunately until the weather clears up there will be no scrapping for me. In the end I decided to make the most of my time and catch up on some blogging!!!

Today I'd like to share with you a mini-album I made recently.The only mini-album I have ever made!!! I suppose your wondering how it is that I have been scrapbooking for almost 7 years, and yet this is the first time I have ever made a mini-album? The answer is quite simple.... I always wanted to create one, but for some reason I found the prospect quite daunting so I always put it off. Now after finally completing my first ever mini album, I can't help but wonder why I ever thought it would be a daunting experience. I had so much fun creating this, not daunting at all!!! I'm planning to start another one soon.

'Count Your Blessings'


 As you can see, I have used lots of fun paint, layers and embellishments for my cover, totally staying true to my style, with just a touch of grunge.
 Unfortunately inside my little album I had to force myself to cut back on tons of layers and bulky embellishments, otherwise I would have only managed a page or two before not being able to close it. Lol!!!



 I chose to use black and white photos throughout the entire album. They work brilliantly with bright colors.



This photo is one of my all time fave's of Jet. He was having so much fun, smiling, and laughing!!!
 


Originally I had planned to do the entire album in blues, but when I decided to work with 2 different sets of photo's I thought I would do 2 sets of colors. All the photo's on the blue pages were taken at the park, whilst the one's on the green pages were taken at my cousin's.



I have used some fun pieces of Dusty Attic Chipboard throughout, though the glasses above, which I backed with black paper to make sunnies, and the flourish below are my fave's.
 

 
 I used so many different paper brands I don't even think I could name them all, however embellies are mostly Dusty Attic, Prima, Heidi Swapp, MME, AC and Studio Calico.

I also used a few of the printables from old CSI case-files.

That's all from me today, though I do hope you like what I have created. It was nice to get out of my comfort zone, and I couldn't be happier with the result!!! I can't wait to make another..... I had lots of fun with this!!! I hope you all have a fantastic week!!! 

Hugs!!

1 comment:

  1. Good on you! It's amazing how we stop ourselves creating cos we think it will be 'too hard'!!! LOL.....and it's not at all!!! Gorgeous mini - I like the idea of how you've used the colour scheme & of course, most of all I ADORE your layering on the cover:):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!