Wednesday, September 17, 2014

HAPPINESS

Hiya!! Just stopping by to share with you my latest creation for CSI Color Stories Inspiration. This week we have a fab sketch by the very talented Em Stafrace and an awesome color palette that I just couldn't resist.

Case-file 139:

 

For my evidence I have used:
Stripes: Black and white striped paper in my layers, some striped washi tape at the bottom, and a striped straw.
Flowers: I have used a gorgeous combination of Prima and Green Tara flowers.
Butterfly: I have added some butterfly stamping to the background.
String: There is a combination of waxed twine and metallic thread behind my photo.
Something Fuzzy: The center of the two yellow Prima flowers to the left and bottom of the photo are quite fuzzy.
Two of something: I have used two pegs, two matching yellow flowers, two charcoal leaves and 2 halves of a chipboard frame.
Triangles: I have placed two triangles of patterned paper overlapping one another on the left hand side of my page.
Flourish/Swirl: I have used a couple of chipboard flourishes amongst my flower clusters. The chipboard frame halves at the top and bottom of the page also contain a swirly pattern.

 For my testimony I have used all three of the inspiration words: Curious, Two, and Perfect.
 My journaling is on the back of the layout, as it is quite lengthy, and reads as follows:

'You are such a curious little boy. You were laying on the grass searching through it for god knows what when I went to take this photo. You must have heard me coming because you turned your head and lay it flat on the grass, looking at me with those big blue eyes and adorable smile right when I pressed the button on the camera. Your timing was perfect. Not the photo I was trying to get, but ended up being one of my favorite pics ever!!! You are just so cute!! This was taken at your third birthday party in the backyard, though you were still only two at the time, as you didn't turn three until the following day!! I tried to get a couple more photo's of you like this, but they didn't succeed. You began to roll away through the grass, blowing raspberry's at me and giggling hysterically. I'm glad you had such a fun time. I love you so so much!!'  

For the sketch I have rotated it to look like this:


Here is my take on this case and Em's sketch:

'Happiness'


I have attempted to paint the background in a similar pattern to the background of the sketch. Instead of using the photo and banner at the bottom I have instead simply used a chipboard frame cut in half.

Some details:



I have used Prima's Bubble stencil by Finnabair to create the texture on the background. I have then painted it using watercolors, and added some detailing with watercolor pencil. I have also stamped a few butterflies onto the background. I really love the final result.



The chipboard light-bulb has been painted white with gesso, then highlighted in certain area's with gold paint. The pegs I have simply covered with some glittery tape.



For my title i have used this gorgeous Jean Plate from Prima.



As always lots of gorgeous paper layers, calico beaneath the photo, and some gorgeous twine and sparkly thread.



Here you can see the fuzzy center of the Prima flowers!!! Perfect for this case!!!
Directly below this flower on the chipboard I have added a small section of gold Mica Flakes.



I have wound a Green Tara vine around and through this chipboard flourish, brushing the tips of the white flowers along with parts of the chipboard with gold watercolor paint.


That's all from me today. I'm tired and want to get something organized before dinner!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

Hugs!!

1 comment:

  1. You are sooo right - that photo is just perfect! Lucky moment:):) Your take on that > shape is stunning...love the watercolour bg, too:):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!