Tuesday, December 3, 2013

SCRAPFRIENDS SHARE

Hey again!! Sorry I'm late posting again.... I had hoped to get this up yesterday but my brother is graduating from year 12 this week and with all the preparations and nerves in the house, I have had no time to do much of anything. I'm so proud of my little brother... he hated school but he stuck with with it and finished, where so many others just quit.
As most of you know I created a layout for ScrapFriends October sketch challenge, #18, where I was fortunate enough to have my layout selected amongst the top 5. This means I was invited back this month as a Guest Designer for December's sketch challenge, # 20. I'm so excited as this was my first Guest Spot ever..... Big thanks to Angela and the Design Team at ScrapFriends for having me on board! You can check out the current challenge and all the awesome DT work, entries, ect.... here.

Here is this months sketch:


And here is what I came up with......

'3 Angels'

   
 As a Mommy I really wanted to use photo's of my boy for this layout, but I didn't have any on hand that were a set or went well together. I also didn't feel comfortable eliminating any of the photo's as I quite liked the layout, although it was a little difficult to work to my style. In the end I chose photo's of my cousin Simone's 3 eldest children. Alyssa, Kayla and Riley who is just 2 weeks younger than Jet.
I have stuck with the main layout of the sketch, having swept paint across the background, the title is in the same place, I've even included the film strip. The only major change was the photos. I have chosen to use rectangles instead of circle photos, which also resulted in me having taken up a lot more space on the background. I have used lots of paper layers behind my photo's and flowers in place of the circle background pattern.
 On the background I have used gesso, texture paste with a brick mask, watercolors, stamping and mists.

Some close-ups:



I have used lots of different brands and products on here though the main ones are Prima, AC and MME.



For the title I have used Prima canvas alpha's, whilst amongst the embellishment cluster's, made up mostly of Prima flowers, I have added some paper straws cut into smaller pieces, chipboard covered with black Kindy Glitz, and some Studio Calico wood veneers.


 The little butterfly stone from Prima I have placed in the same position as the heart on the sketch. I have also added a few broken jewellery pieces and acetate hearts. 
For finishing touches I have added some black watercolor underneath paper layers and embellishments to create a shadow effect, along with some chunky blue glitter and dark pink liquid pearl dots.


As you all know I love my pegs, and so, I have added twin mini peg clips to the top of all the photo's, alternating sides between each for balance. I chose to add a cluster of flowers here instead of circle elements, using mostly blue in place of pink, as the layout is a combination of girl and boy photo's and I wanted to reflect that through the embellishments and finishing touches.

Unfortunately I have to go, I would have loved to have made this post longer, but sometimes short and sweet is all I have time for. Thankyou so much for stopping by, I hope you found something here to inspire you... I have more coming soon.
Thanks once again to ScrapFriends for having me on board this month. Don't forget to visit their site, you will find the link at the top of this post. Have a great week everyone!! Xoxoxox!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!