Sunday, March 23, 2014

YUMMY LAYOUTS TO SHARE!!!

Hello everyone! I hope you are all having a fantastic week. Mine has been a little stressful, but otherwise it was mostly okay. Somehow though I have managed to fall even further behind on my blog.... I think I have 8 or 9 layouts sitting there now waiting for their turn to be blogged, and more seem to appear out of thin air every day!!! So hopefully, if things go to plan I shall be able to share a couple of layouts with you today.

Once again I have used a photo of my son on the swing at our local park. I know I have used this photo on a couple of layouts now, but it is one of my faves. This is the original photo, no changing the tone, or making it black and white. I have also used a very dark black and white version of this photo in the other layout I will be sharing today. I know, I really need some new photos, but I only have a cheap camera, and its not very good at capturing clear pictures of a 2 year old boy who never stops moving long enough for me to take a photo. It's adorable, yes, but on the downside it means that when I want to scrapbook lots of pages in a short amount of time, I end up having to use the same photos. The upside though, is I get to pick which of the layouts using the same photos are my faves, then put the others into an album for either my Mom, or my Nan!!

First up is a beautiful bright, Spring-time layout. It is now Autumn here in my corner of the world, and as I much prefer the spring and summer months of the year, I decided create a yummy sun shiney page. 

'This....'


As you can see I have once again used lots of yummy Prima flowers, junkyard findings, wood-icons, and newsprint frames. There are some mechanicals and even a pebble on here too!!
 I have also used MME. Kaisercraft, Teresa Collins, Bo Bunny, Studio Calico, Tim Holtz and Pink Paislee papers and embellishments!!

I am really loving this layout, and must admit I'm pleasantly surprised with the result as I really just went with it, not thinking about what the finished page would look like!!

Some details:


As always my page includes lots of gorgeous dimension. I like to achieve this by stacking lots of items (including paper) on top of one another.


I have scrunched up some calico and placed it beneath my photo for extra texture.
I have chosen to use the black twine as a frame this time to contrast some of those lighter colors, and also to draw the eye to the focus of the layout.
My paper layers were built up mostly with old paper scraps, and some flowers tucked beneath and in between to help with dimension.


The sideways '0' is from Finn's mechanical's collection. I turned it on the side as I just wanted it for added interest and not to represent an actual number.
I am so in love with these timber Sunnies from Bo Bunny right now. I have been using them on just about everything. They are gorgeous!! They come in a pack with matching moustaches'.... Awesome!!


How perfect is this flower for my page. When I found it hidden in my stash I was like 'I think Prima made that for me and this page!!'


 As you can see, for my title I have chosen to use the flair badge. I really enjoy finding little sayings or words on embellishments to use for my titles. It saves me having to think about one.... My pages would take years to finish if I had to think one up on every page..... Or they would all end up with the same title!!


At the very top I have placed one of Pink Paislee's Mistable's on some washi tape, then just brush with the tiniest bit of water color, letting it seep into the cracks. I chose to place it there because the point of the flourish points down toward the photo. 
I have always loved blue and green together, and have created quite a few pages using this combo, but it has never turned out so vibrant. I'm thinking it is due to the white background. I can't believe I never liked using plain white card for my backgrounds before. Its amazing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next layout I have to share with you is very different from the last one, even though they are both using the same photos. This time, the photo is in black and white and has been darkened quite a bit. I was experimenting with photoshop and came up with quite a few very different looking photos just by experimenting with the brightness and contrast. I admit, I don't really like how dark the photo turned out, and was unsure about using it, but in the end I created one of my fave layouts. I enjoyed creating 2 totally different pieces with the same picture, and I love them both.

'....These Little Moments'


The background on this is one of the best I have ever done. The background paper is from Maja Designs.... brilliant quality for mixed media work, among the best I have ever used. I had almost no warping at all. The background was built up using many mediums and techniques, including gesso, texture paste, crackle paint, alcohol ink, acrylic inks, mists, watercolors, masking and stamping. 

Some close-ups:


As always I have used lots of Prima on here, though I have added bits and pieces from other companies too. 
I have placed messed up bundles of string beneath some of my paper ans my embellishments for added texture.


The birdcage is from Tim Holtz. I have randomly painted it with gesso and added a little paper butterfly on top.
 The title '....These Little Moments', was taken from this saying here, which I discovered on a transparency sheet from Kaisercraft. I love this saying, as not only does it describe my feelings about this photo, but rather all of the memories I have of Jet.


If you look closely just above the Prima Gillian flower (the flower above the light bulb), you will see some of the smaller cracks that are on the background. These were highlighted by letting some black watercolor paint seep into the cracks.
The canvas frame around the photo is homemade. I had a large canvas that I was painting earlier last year, which Jet then decided to try and use as a slide. When he set it on the couch and went down it fell onto a toy and tore a 15 inch slit right through the center. I came inside from hanging washing out to discover what he had done. I learned my lesson not to leave things I did not want damaged lying around. I decided however not to throw it out, although I knew it couldn't be fixed. Last week I decided to cut it up even more and use the canvas to make embellishments and frames. I was pleasantly surprised with the result!!


More Prima flowers and little metal pieces. I have had the little Prima chipboard bird for years, though for some reason I never thought to use it before... I am glad I saved it though as it looks really good on here. 


I finished off the page by swiping some gesso randomly over papers and embellishments just to make it a little shabbier. 

That's all I have to share with you tonight as I have been out most of the day chasing around 3, 3 year old kiddies, a baby and 6 and 7 year old girls at a family members birthday, and I don't think I have ever been this exhausted in my whole life. For some reason every time the family get together I get left alone to watch my own child plus 5 more while they sit around and chat.... I suppose that's family for you. Good thing I love kids!!! 

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend, and that you found something here to inspire you this week. I will be back soon I hope.... before my blog falls too much further behind! Thanks so much for stopping by!! Xoxox!

1 comment:

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!