Saturday, June 7, 2014

YOU ARE THE BEST!!

Hi everyone!! I hope you all had a great week!!! Mine has not been too bad, though I must confess I am rather tired!! Anyway, it is that time of the week when the new case-file over at CSI is released, and I decided that it might be best to write up this post as my Son was having a little play before bed!! I have been looking forward to sharing this page with you guys for a while now. I loved the colors in this case-file, and they were perfect for this photo of Jet that I have been wanting to scrapbook for a while now!!

Here is this week's case-file:


For the evidence I have used:
Flowers/Leaves: As always my layout has quite a selection of gorgeous Prima flowers, fabric paper and wood alike!!
Numbers/Ampersand: There is a Studio Calico wood veneer ampersand tucked under the flowers just above the peg, and also a metal '2' from Finn's 'Mechanicals' collection by Prima to the right of the photo (On the doily).
Hearts: I have used heart gears by prima, and some Elle's Studio wood veneer hearts.
Transparent Items: Some of the Prima flowers have a very sheer transparent fabric on the top.
Something Sweet: The cork circle at the top right that says 'Love'.
Flourishes: I have used few chipboard flourishes along with the Pink Paislee Mistable flourishes.
Scallops: The doily I used has a scalloped edge.

For my Testimony I have used a list prompt and chosen to make a 'currently' list which I have written on the back of the layout.
It reads as follows:
'You have lost interest in your cars lately and are currently obsessed with drawing, playdoh, pirates and army men. Your favorite show is 'Mr Maker.' You go to sleep almost instantly every night now and sleep til around 8. Your fave fruit is grapes, but your favorite food is chocolate like me!! You can sing the alphabet right through and already count past 20. You love to sing songs, but get really mad when you hear anyone else singing. You like to dance. You like your dinosaur pj's best and your favorite movie is 'The Land Before Time'. When you come outside you like to wear Poppy's cowboy hat, and pull the pebbles out of the garden. You rarely ever throw tantrums, though you are becoming quite cheeky. Your favorite question is 'But what's that Mommy?', which I need to answer a thousand times a day. You currently like making shapes with your hands and fingers, at first it was diamonds, and now it is circles, rectangles and love hearts as well. You like to give cuddles.... and they are the best cuddles in the world!!
 
'You Are The Best'


I really enjoyed making this, I just love this photo of Jet and it has turned out to be one of my fave pages so far.... The background came together really unexpectedly, and I was not very sure of it at first but I decided to judge it until I was finished.... Some of my fave pages have evolved from something I hated in the beginning, and many pages I have loved to start have turned out horribly.... Typical!!

Some details:


I just love the little banner at the top of this page.... I had not planned to put it there to begin with but something was missing from the top.


The butterflies on the background were stamped and then painted with watercolors.... This is my new fave thing to do on my layouts!!


As always lots of layers and hidden details!!
One of my favorite things about this page though is the Elle's Studio wood veneer that I have used for my title... It's super cool!!


The chipboard flourish has been painted white with gesso, then randomly painted some blue watercolor to add a touch of color to it. I have tucked it into my paper layers and added a couple of Prima flowers on top.



I have brushed gesso lightly over all my flowers and embellishments, and wrapped some loose cotton around everything to give the layout a shabbier feel.


Here you can kind of see the ampersand wood veneer tucked under the flowers above the peg.
As you can probably guess from looking at this, the background here is very different from me, and was made up mostly from experiments.... I honestly didn't think it would work, but it did. I couldn't be more pleased with the final result.

That's all from me again today.... It's time to put Jet to bed, but as always I will be back. Have a great weekend!! Hope you all get some time in to create!! Hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!