Friday, July 4, 2014

A FEW QUICK CARDS......

Hi!!! I hope you have all had a wonderful week!!! I'm just stopping by today quickly with a few cards I made early last week. I have been meaning to get this post up for days, but things have been quite hectic around here!!!

The first card I want to share with you is a beautiful girly card containing lots of beautiful textures and elements, as well as some mixed-media work. The background was created using a combination of gesso, gelatos, watercolor paints, and perfect pearls. I have added twine, thread and calico for extra texture, before building my layers of paper and embellishments.

'Best Wishes'


I have mounted my banner on foam tape, and wrapped some cord around the top, finishing off with some beautiful Prima flowers and a Studio Calico wood veneer which I have used for my sentiment.

________________________________________________________________________


 The second card I wish to share with you today is a fun, bold and more masculine card. I created it for my younger brother who will be 18 soon!!! I actually struggled with this quite a bit. Every card I have made in the past has been full of flowers, glitter, sequins, ect, and over all quite girly. Clearly these items do not spell out 'Great Guys Card', and I didn't want to create something that an 18 year old guy would be embarrassed to receive.
I persevered though and I am happy with the final result!!!

'18'


I have simply used gesso and watercolor paints on the background, adding some washi tape and the orange bakers twine when dry. Once again I have made a little banner and wrapped the top in cord to feature as the main element. I completed my banner by adding the '18' using gold alphas and the DA chipboard arrow which has been painted in gesso and a variety of watercolors to give it that marbled look. For balance I added a little chipboard hexagon from MME to the middle of the arrow. 

___________________________________________________________________


My final card is another beautiful feminine card which I have made as a gift for my Mom.
  I have used quite a bit of wet-media on the background, and it warped my card a fair bit so I apologize in advance if my card looks an odd shape!!!

'Thank You'


Once again I have created a mixed media background using gesso, gelatos, and watercolor paints. I have also created a variety of texture using various materials, paper, Prima flowers and a wood-icon from the Princess collection. The ornate chipboard frame is from Dusty Attic and has been painted white with gesso, then colored with gelatos in coordinating colors. I have once again used a Studio Calico wood veneer for my sentiment.

Before I go I wish to say a little something to you all......
 
 'Thank You to all who visit my blog, and especially my lovely followers. Reading the comments you guys leave me, and knowing that I inspire you guys truly means so much to me. Sometimes when I suffer creative blocks, just reading your comments gives me the boost I need to start creating again so Thank You..... I hope I can continue to inspire you all for a long time yet!!!'

I will be back again over the weekend to share with you all the layout I created for the CSI and ARTastic Collaboration case-file, CC-2. In the meantime you can check out the case over on the CSI website here. It runs all month so you still have plenty of time if you wish to enter!!! I hope you all have a great weekend!! I am off to spend the afternoon getting all messy with inks and paints!!!
 
Hugs!!!

1 comment:

  1. DIVINE cards!!! You do pretty so beautifully ----& you must be soooo proud of ur guy card.... Looks perfect for an 18 yo boy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!