Saturday, May 31, 2014

PRIMA FUN.... MAY'S PPP AND BAP!!!!

Hello again!!! Today I would like to share with you a couple of Prima layouts I made last week. Unfortunately I had some troubles with my blog and couldn't access it until this morning so I have just missed being able to link to Prima, but I still wish to share them with you. After heading into the city a couple of weeks ago to shop for my Son's birthday and coming across a scrapbooking store there, I finally managed to get my hands on some Prima papers.... They are not new papers, mostly from 2012 and earlier, but any Prima papers are so hard to come by where I live that I could not resist buying myself some!!

The first page I wish to share with you, is of my cousin Beth, who is only 6 months younger than me. I have had this photo of her sitting in my folder for so long but never thought to create a layout with it until now. I chose to use Prima's May PPP for this layout, inspired by both the colors and products. It just very much reminded me of Beth a very beautiful girly girl, even if she is a painter by trade and covered with tattoo's!!! I can't talk I have my fair share of them too!!

Prima's May PPP:

2014 May ppp




Here is what I came up with:

'My Cousin, My Friend'


I really love this page.... It is so girly and fun, and this is such a beautiful photo of my cousin!!

Some close-ups:


An arrow I made. It has been a while since I shared a layout with you that had one of these on it, though I must confess I have become just a little addicted to them and have quite a few layouts sitting on my desk that have arrows on them!!


I have layered the bottom of the arrow on some gorgeous Prima flowers, a straw, and metal bits and pieces. 


I have been so inspired by the paper bows that Stacey Young uses on her layouts, and have been wanting to make one myself for such a long time, though I never really got around to it. I used some coordinating Prima paper, and placed a Prima flower in the center.


I have used a lot of different collections on this page, old and new. I really love how Prima products all work so well together, even if they have been designed years apart.


I have painted a chipboard scroll white and added some glitter to the top and ends. I have layered it between some flowers.


Lots more yummy flowers, metals, and wood icons. I love these white-washed butterflies from the Princess collection... So delicate!!


Next up is the layout I made for Prima's May BAP. This time I have created a boy page using photo's of my Son, though still using lots of yummy flowers.... As always!!!

 Here is this month's sketch:

BAP May Lene

And here is my take on it:

'So Charming'


As you can see I have decided to place my photo's more or less side by side. I tried to place them apart like the sketch, but the photo's on their own are quite thin and just did not look right.

Here is what my background looked like before I covered most of it up:


I started with a plain white background, to which I added a torn strip of paper. This sheet of paper is not Prima, at least I don't think it is (Everything else is though!!).... I have had it for years, but I don't know who its by. I wanted to use a relatively plain sheet of paper, as I knew that most of it would be covered anyway.
I have scraped gesso randomly over the background and added some texture paste using my Prima netting mask. I have turned it on a diagonal to create a square pattern instead. I finished the background by painting it with watercolors, before adding stamping, and some pencil circles.

 Close-ups:


Another paper bow.... this one didn't really turn out all that well. I have layered it on a small broken piece of chipboard I found in my stash, which, in turn, has been layered on some flowers for dimension.


I simply used some Prima canvas alpha's for my title.


There is quite a bit of bulk and dimension on this layout.... Just the way I like it!!!! 


Love this little metal Prima lamp from the Shabby Chic Treasures collection!!
I have sprayed it with some blue mist.... Love how it has seeped into the cracks!!


The wood icon near the top originally said 'My Sweet Princess', I have covered the 2 s's with the flower petal, gluing it in place, so that it says 'My Sweet Prince'. I actually really love the Princess collection, and have it quite versatile for both girl and boy pages

That's it from me today.... I'm still a long way from catching up on here, but I am getting there!! I will most likely be back during the week with more, and hopefully this time I won't have anymore blog dramas!! Hope you all have a great weekend!! XO!!

4 comments:

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!