Saturday, August 30, 2014

GIRLY FUN!!

Hi!!! Once again we have just released a new case-file over at CSI , this time a gorgeous summery palette!!! I have used this case-file to make a gorgeous girly layout, using a photo of my nieces Delilah and Violet. I have also used this month's sketch from Dusty Attic!!

Here is the new case from CSI:

 

For the evidence I have used:
Polka dots/Stripes: I have used a grey polka dot, and yellow striped paper in my layers. I have also used some stripey Washi tape.
Washi Tape: I have used some pink striped Washi tape.
Textured paper: I have used some gold glitter paper, which I have cut into 1cm thick strips and used in the middle and at the bottom of my layout.
Metal: I have used a Prima light bulb which has metal on it, and the leaf beneath my cluster on the bottom left of the page is also metal, though I have painted it white.
  Flourishes: The Dusty Attic Chipboard leafy flourishes, and corner piece at the top.
Triangles: I have added some triangles to the background using my fave Kaisercraft texture stamp.
Wood/Woodgrain: I have used some Prima wood icons.

My journaling is hidden on the back of the layout. I originally wanted to write it on the front, but I couldn't find my gold pen and black seemed too bold. Instead I took my inspiration from the envelope prompt, and tucked it into an envelope which is attached to the back. I have aslo used the inspiration word 'sunshine'.

My journaling reads:
 'I adore this photo.... They are such darling little girls!! They look so precious lying on the grass, with the sunshine in their hair. Delilah giving little Violet a kiss on the cheek. So precious and innocent. I love you both so much.'

Here is the sketch from Dusty Attic that Inspired my layout:

 

The dusty attic chipboard I used:  
Corner Scroll #2
Arrows #2
Vintage Keys
Mini Corner #1
Foliage

And here is my take on the case-file and sketch:

 'Darling'


I totally love how how this layout turned out!!! There is lots of media work on here, the background, chipboard, even the flowers got a touch of something!!
You can see here the 'Mini Corner #1' in the bottom right of the photo, and the 'Corner Scroll #2' at the top right of the page. Both have been painted with gesso, after which I painted the corner scroll with watercolors in tones coordinating with the background.

Some details:


Here I have layered a couple of pieces from the 'Foliage' set with some gorgeous Prima flowers!! The pink one has been painted with 3 different colors of liquid pearls, blended to create the illusion of shadows. The other piece has been painted with a very thick and bumpy layer of gesso and a hint of pale gold acrylic at the tips.


As you all know I love to do, I have created a little chipboard frame of my own to sit behind the photo, and covered it in chunky gold glitter. This ties in well with the key I have painted gold (bottom left of photo) from the 'Vinatage Keys' set, and the hints of gold in the background and on the foliage.


More gorgeous Prima!! Also an arrow from 'Arrows #2', simply painted white with gesso. I have added a second one on the opposite side of the layout.


My title was very easy!!! I simply cut it out of some Echo Park paper that has been lying around on my desk for months!!!


As you can see I have added quite a bit of cord in behind my photo.
 One of my fave things on this page though is the little butterfly paper clip from Heidi Swapp. I absolutely love these right now!!!


At the top of my photo I have added a little cluster of Prima flowers. I have added a small piece from the Crystal palace collection on top of a wood icon leaf. Because it was white and clear it was very hard to see, so doing this helped it become a little more noticable!!

That's it from me today guys!!! I need to go and chilax for a few hours. It was Delilah's 3rd birthday today, and I spent a good couple of hours chasing kids around, and being forced to jump on a bouncy castle!!! It may have been fun, but it was also exhausting!! Have a great weekend!! 

Hugs!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the colours in this. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Heather,love the color,& all your amazing texture! I also love your sweet photo. Congrats on being the winner of the Dusty Attic Sketch Challenge,well deserved!!!! Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. First time I have seen your work and is it fabulous! Thanks for sharing the steps to make the chipboard so colorful. Just added you to my "bloglist".

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!