Monday, November 10, 2014

13 ARTS CHALLENGE.... 'THE BEST PART OF ME'

Hi everyone!!! Hope you are all having a wonderful week! I have had a fantastic week, creating, catching up on blog posts, spending time with my Son and my family. I was also very excited to see my Grandad on Wednesday as he is on a cruise that docked in Fremantle for the day. He lives in the eastern states, so I rarely get to see him. The last time was when my Mom turned 50 a year and a half ago, and before that I had not seen him since I was 9, in 15 years!!! It was wonderful to see him and his wife Helen again.

Today I would like to share with you all my recent creation for 13 Arts. It's time for a new challenge over on the blog, and this month Irina has created a beautiful moodboard, with the theme 'The best Part Of Me'.
 Make sure you pop on over to the blog to see the rest of the Design Teams amazing take on this challenge!!

Here is this Month's challenge:



  As soon as I saw this challenge I knew exactly what I was going to make. You may have realized by now that I don't really scrapbook myself very often, I'm just not comfortable with it. Besides the best part of me is and always will be my Son, so I have created a layout about him using the beautiful blues from the moodboard.

'You'


I had lots of fun experimenting with my background on this layout. Creating lots of beautiful texture different ways and building up layers of gesso, modelling paste and color.
Some details:


I have brushed the tips of all my  flowers with Ayeeda paint in White and Silver Glitter. I just love this paint.... It is one of my faves!!


Another chipboard butterfly from the 'Fly Away' collection. It has been painted with various 13 arts paints, and glitter paints!


 I have also added some butterfly's that I cut from a sheet of paper in the 'Fly Away' collection. This collection is very versatile and can be used with just about any colors and styles of pages.


I have added a few pieces of Dusty Attic Chipboard. The swirls at the top and bottom of the layout have been painted with the White and Silver Glitter paint used on the flowers. I have also used it to paint one of the Polaroid frames below. 


Here you can see all the different textures on the background. Much of it was created simply by manipulating the modeling paste with my palette knife. I love all the cracks in it. It is probably one of my favorite things about 13 Arts Modeling paste. 
I finished off my layout with a good spray of Pearl Silver Mist to give everything a decent shimmer.

Hope you enjoyed my post, and I hope to see you playing along with us this month at 13 Arts!!! 
Have a wonderful week!!!

13arts products used:
'All Is love' Collection - Papers
 'Fly Away' Collection - Papers
Fly Away Collection - Chipboard Butterflies
 Ayeeda Gesso - Acrylic Primer
Ayeeda Medium - Modelling Paste
 Ayeeda Medium - Liquid Acrylic Medium
Ayeeda Pearl Mists - Sky Blue
 Ayeeda Pearl Mist - Silver
Ayeeda Pastel Mist - White
 Ayeeda Ink - Black (Graphite)
Ayeeda Paint - Matte Turquoise
 Ayeeda Paint - Matte Pea
Ayeeda Paint - Pearl Silver 
 Ayeeda Paint - Silver Glitter
Ayeeda Paint - White and Silver Glitter
 Ayeeda paint - Matte Black
Resin - Roses
 Resin - Curls

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is breath takingly beautiful.. love the back ground texture and all the flowers and embellishments are stunning..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo many amazing details. Love everything about this. just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!