Saturday, November 1, 2014

BLESSED

Hi again!!! I hope you are all having a wonderful start to the weekend? I just wanted to drop by and quickly share with you all my latest Design Team layout for CSI. We had a gorgeous girly color palette this week, along with some interesting prompts. Make sure you pop on over to CSI, you have until next Sunday to enter this weeks challenges and we would love to see your creations in our gallery!!! 

Here is this week's case-file, 146:


For my Evidence I have used:
Polka Dots: I have used a circle stencil from The Crafter's Workshop to create a polka dot pattern on my background.
Metal: I have placed a metal pin from Tim Holtz at the top of my layout.
Fibers: I have used calico behind my photo, twines, and various threads on my layout.
Clips: I have used 2 silver glitter pegs, attached to the top right of my photo and paper.

I know that this week I didn't use as many evidence prompts as I normally do. My page just came together without much thought, and I couldn't make the others work for me.

For my journaling I used a Journal Jar Prompt. The one I chose was about being inspired by quotes. It said to read the following quotes and write whatever came into your mind when you read it. I was inspired by the following quote:
 'Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.' - Jane Howard
 Here is what it inspired me to write:
"I cousins I am close to, and all their beautiful children whom I think of as my own nieces and nephews. I am grateful everyday that they call me Auntie, and to have them in my life. I may only have one child, and one sibling, but I am blessed beyond measure to have such a large, close family."
My jounaling is on the back of my layout in a little pocket I made, along with a short letter to my niece, Delilah, my cousin Beth's daughter, who is in the photo.

'Blessed'


I have used lots of beautiful 13 Arts mediums, paints, mists and inks to create my layout. I absolutely love these products..... They add the perfect touch to any creation. Remember you can now purchase 13 Arts in Australia at Sassy Scrappers, in the US at The Flying Unicorn, or at our online store http://13arts.pl/

Some details:


Some beautiful new Prima flowers nestled amongst two Green Tara flower vines, and a couple of small roses. 


I absolutely love these little chipboard 'Flutterbys' from Dusty Attic. I have painted them white with gesso, then added some 13 Arts Pearl Pink Mist and Pink water-based Ink, along with a touch of green twinkling H20's.


I loved the lime green in the color palette, but didn't want it to overwhelm my layout, so I just added small touches of it here and there.


My title is from Dusty Attic's Hashtag Saying's pack. I simply cut the hash off. I have painted it black, then layered it on top of my flowers.


I decided to add some silver highlights to my page by adding some glitter washi tape, metallic thread, and 13 Arts Paint in White and Silver glitter, which I have used to paint the circle frame round my photo and brush the tips of all my flowers in.
I finished my page by covering my photo and adding some flicks of Pink ink over my papers and flowers to tie everything in.

That's it from me today!!! I hope have inspired you to create something beautiful this weekend!!!! Enjoy!

Hugs!!

1 comment:

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!