Monday, November 17, 2014

LUCKY!!!

Hi everyone!!! Today I have a couple of things to share with you using amazing 13 Arts products. First up is a layout I created using this months sketch from Once Upon A Sketch. I also created a card. 

Remember 13 Arts are available in Australia from Sassy Scrapper, in the US from The Flying Unicorn, and from our online store http://13arts.pl/

Here is the sketch that inspired my layout:

http://13arts.pl/ 

The journaling theme was : 'Inspiration/I am inspired by, ect.'

I have written my journaling on the back of my layout and I thought I would quickly share it with you before I get started.

'Whenever I look at you with that beautiful big smile and your golden curls, I cannot help but smile. You are my entire world, and my biggest inspiration. You make me want to always strive to be a better person and Mom, to be happier. When I have such adorable photo's of you, or you say or do something funny, it inspires me to create.... My second love. You will always be my first! Being a Mom is all I ever hoped it would be and so much more. I always thought it would be me who inspired and encouraged you, but I never realized you would do the same for me, and I am so grateful and proud of you that you have. You are a handsome, smart, sweet little boy, and every minute that goes by I love you more! 

'Lucky Rd'


I have painted my background using a combination of mists and inks that I have mixed together on my palette to create different colors. Originally I had not planned on adding the peach and coral touches, but I really wanted to scrap these photos and as I don't really like scrapping with red, I thought that the peach was the perfect color to tie in the photo.

Lots of close-ups:



I have brushed all my flowers with Ayeeda Gesso, and Ayeeda Paint in Gold Glitter. I love the sparkle and shabby feel this gives my work. I have also tucked beneath my papers a piece of 13 Arts chipboard, which I have placed a butterfly on. 


I have used the same mix of mist and inks from my background to paint the tips of the leaves on the vine. I have also added flicks of it to blend it all together.


When I had finished adding all my elements, everything was flicked with peach and blue mists, then sprayed with Pearl Silver Mist  for extra shine. I love this mist as it it gives a transparent sheen of shimmer to everything!!


The rest of the leaves on my vine were painted blue to match the flowers and background colors where they were positioned.


I used Sky Blue mist mixed with a touch of White Chalk Mist to paint all the stamped butterflies on the background.


I have used Pearl Gold Paint mixed with Acrylic Liquid Medium and a touch of White Chalk Mist, to create a water paint which I have used to paint all the resin butterfly's.


Some little bits and pieces that I have layered beneath the vine leaves.
You can also see the awesome crackled texture in 13 Arts Modelling paste here. I love how it does that!!

Next up I have a gorgeous mixed-media card that I created once again using lots of 13 Arts products!! 

I have actually made this card for Aida Domisiewicz owner of 13 Arts as a Thank You for the opportunity she has given me to be on this team. I have always loved art in all forms, scrapbooking and mixed-media, but since joining this team, and using such amazing products my confidence in what I create has soared. 

 'You Gave Me Wings...'


I have used the stencil 'Love' from the Fly Away collection, with modelling paste on my background. When that was dry I proceeded to paint it with with a combination of ink and mist, adding lots of big splatters and beautiful stains.
I have also used a sticker from the Fly Away collection for my title.


I have layered some calico, waxed cord, and a couple of strips of washi tape in the top left corner of my page, on top of which I built up my flower cluster. I glued everything down using gel medium for added strength.


I have also added this resin piece which is available from the 13 Arts store.
I have brushed all my flowers with gesso, covering most of them, though leaving touches of their color to show through, then painted with the same mists and inks I used on the background.


I have also used a mixture of pearl gold paint, liquid medium, and white chalk mist to brush onto parts of my flowers and background for shimmer.
I finished off by adding some knotted pieces of gold thread and a few mica flakes.

That is all from me today. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Products used:

Ayeeda Gesso
Ayeeda Gel Medium
Ayeeda Modelling Paste
Ayeeda Acrylic Liquid Medium
Ayeeda Mist - Pearl Silver
Ayeeda Mist - Chalk White
Ayeeda Mist - Pastel White
Ayeeda Mist - Pearl Pink
Ayeeda Mist - Pearl Sky Blue
Ayeeda Ink - Black (graphite)
Ayeeda Ink - Bordeaux
Ayeeda Ink - Yellow
Ayeeda Ink - Pink
Ayeeda Ink - Sky Blue
 Ayeeda Paint - Pearl Gold
Ayeeda Paint - Gold Glitter 
Chipboard Ornaments
Paper - 'Faces Of Spring' Collection
Paper - 'All Is Love' Collection
Fly Away - Stickers
Mask - 'Fly Away' Love
 Resin - Curls
Resin - Roses

Hugs!!!!


4 comments:

  1. What a stunning, stunning LO you've created for our OUAS challenge.....LOOOVE the butterflies & that white frame looks just perfect sitting there....don't forget to link it to our FB page for the extra lucky draw prize & as always, sooo happy you joined in.....& that card???? BEAUTIFUL....just like a bouquet of flowers, but better...I bet she absolutely ADORED receiving it:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are soooo beautiful.. really love your layout and the card is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jacqueline these are exquisite pieces of art.....love your journalling so very heartfelt. Thanks for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super layout , I love the way the butterflys fly out of the page. Thanks for playing with us at OUAS !

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!