Wednesday, November 5, 2014

SCRAPPING FOR A CAUSE

Hi everyone!!! Hope you are all having a fantastic week!!! I have so much catching up to do on my blog I keep wondering where I will find the time. Especially when I looked at the calender this morning and it hit me that the year is just about gone.... I can't believe its already November!!!

Some of you know from my facebook page that I participated in 12 hours of a 36 hour Mega Mega Scrap at Made With Memories on the weekend to help raise money for the Western Australian children's charity Telethon. I attended the crop from 9pm til 9am, well 5 am. I piked out at 4.30 and had to go home for a little sleep before Jet woke..... Not that I had much luck as he woke when I walked in the door. So while I may have only scrapped for 8 hours, I was still awake for well over 36 on the weekend, and I am still tired today!!!! 

Here is what I created.... I apologize if the photo's aren't that great, but the lighting at the time they were taken was quite poor.

'Happiness'


I have used lots of gorgeous mediums, sprays, paints, and inks from 13 Arts, lots of beautiful Dusty Attic chipboard, and some beautiful Prima flowers.

Some details:


The Dusty Attic chipboard banners have simply been covered with patterned paper then layered.
The leaves, which were originally a quite big stem I have cut into smaller pieces, was painted white with gesso, and then randomly painted around the tips of the leaves with some green 13Arts paint. 
I painted the key with gesso using my finger to get that gorgeous texture then highlighted it with Twinkling H20's in gold.


I have added some gold glitter to the Polaroid frame, and also to some chipboard buttons, both from Dusty Attic.


I really love these Flutterbys.... I think I mentioned it in my last post, or maybe the one before, but I could use them on everything. They are just so cute!! 


Lots of yummy Prima flowers!!!!


I finished off my page by adding in some of the Dusty Attic chicken wire colored black and tucking in some rolled up circles of metallic thread, then spraying everything with 13 Arts Ayeeda pearl Mist in Silver. I love this spray... It gives the most gorgeous shimmer to everything!!!

Thankyou to Made With memories for such a wonderful evening of creating, though i don't think I will be doing scrap aerobics again anytime soon!!!! And of course to all the lovely women who attended.... It was wonderful to meet all of you!!! 

Have a great week everyone!! 

Hugs!!
  

1 comment:

  1. Really beautiful, love all the layers and so many wonderful details! And the scrapping time sounded like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanx for stopping by and for taking the time to leave your lovely comments.... xoxox!!!